Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Cracker Recipe


I've been experimenting with cracker recipes that do not use grains. I am very allergic to anything in the grain family, which cuts out any sprouted crackers, etc. I also have joint trouble when I eat amaranth, buckwheat, and quinoa. In this cracker recipe, I went ahead and broke down and bought flax meal instead of flax seed. I was impressed by how well the crackers came out.

Here is the recipe:

1 cup flax meal
1/2 cup black sesame seeds (soaked and rinsed to get rid of the oxalic acid)
1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds (do not use if you are allergic to ragweed)
salt to taste (do not used bleached salt--it should be grey or reddish)
1 tbs granulated kelp
1 tbs dried nettles pound up in a mortar and pestle
1 tsp powdered cumin seeds

I mixed this up with just enough water to make the dough stiff and then spread it out on my plastic cookie sheet and dried it under the fan for 24 hours. (see the other cracker recipe.)

Then I added avocado topped with a little paprika and dulse. Good snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment